Monday, May 6, 2013

Elvis Presley's Love: Priscilla or Ann-Margaret?

A couple of days into production on "Girl Happy," Ann-Margret found visit Elvis around the set. I was filming through the night around the back large amount of MGM, renowned for many classic movies returning towards the golden era of Hollywood. They'd met annually before when she costarred with him in "Viva Vegas," and also the attraction between both of these sex symbols was immediate Elvis grew to become deeply infatuated together with her. Gossip been with them that things together were serious Elvis ignored the tales as studio publicity, however they were true. Priscilla made her displeasure recognized to Elvis, despite the fact that he pleaded his innocence, she really did not purchase it. Neither did other people who understood him.

When Ann-Margret walked to the back lot around eleven o'clock one evening, all eyes were instantly glued to her, including Elvis' - he illuminated as an incandescent light. When Elvis finished shooting his scene, he eagerly walked to her. They hugged, after which he required her through the hands and motioned me to follow along with them. We joined Elvis' small, cramped dressing room trailer with barely enough space for 2 people, not to mention three. Elvis sitting themself in a small table before one encircled by bulbs and so i could do his hair.

Being careful of Elvis' hair was certainly another experience for me personally that evening. Of course, my first obligation was to make sure Elvis' hair looked perfect, camera-ready for his next scene. But this time around I had been engrossed within the interchange between Elvis and Ann-Margaret, the area buzzing with electricity as well as their feelings flying in most directions. Every time they checked out each other themselves-awareness and magnetic attraction were apparent and transparent. My primary dilemma ended up being to perform the task at hands regardless of the distractions. There' was, standing together in very tight quarters, brushing Elvis' hair with Ann-Margret's body so near to mine which i could really feel her breasts on my small back. Discuss a blessing and curse! It had been a difficult job...but somebody needed to get it done.

Elvis and Ann-Margret were beautiful together they shared a power and enthusiasm for existence that made you are feeling happy on their behalf. Elvis was very keen on her and loved to create her laugh.

They appeared to possess all of the elements to have an long lasting relationship, but Elvis confided that they intimidated him. She'd her very own very effective career, which she wasn't going to throw over for anybody, and - more to the point - she was independent and wouldn't have a submissive role. Couple of lady Elvis grew to become associated with had that type of resolve and feeling of self.

Elvis recognized that he'd never exert the treatments for her he had then on the youthful, unskilled Priscilla. It inevitably came lower to some choice between Priscilla, someone Elvis thought he could sequester a few 1000 miles away whenever he desired to enjoy his "freedom," and Ann-Margret, who challenged him, if perhaps because her existence did not center around his. It had been challenging he never rose to with any lady.

Several hrs after Ann-Margret left all, Elvis and that i retreated to his dressing room between moments. Elvis did not waste one minute, plunging directly into that which was foremost on his mind. "Lawrence, it's between Ann and Priscilla. And what's really strange is they look a lot alike, similar to siblings. But to be honest I do not think things works by helping cover their Ann and me. Two egos like ours, two careers. There's certain to be conflicts. I truly take care of her. But to inform ya the reality, I truly don't believe it might be an enduring factor."

Elvis then described what he thought was the primary obstacle to ongoing with Ann. "Women should stay home and lift a household. That's the way i was elevated." A little smile crept over Elvis' face. "I'll let you know something I learned a very long time ago. There's more to existence than lust."

Within the wilds of Hollywood, Elvis' attitudes towards women were almost quaint. He eschewed promiscuity, although he'd certainly been through some wild periods. "Guy, after i found that I had been entering the military I went hog wild. Ray, I'd sex with each and every girl I possibly could find. I went so far as I possibly could, until I acquired so exhausted I wound up within the hospital. I suppose I desired that have it helped me realize then that sex without love or affection is really a waste."

"Besides, I am dedicated to Priscilla," he stated, "and at some point I'll meet my promise to her and also to her father. Priscilla jogs my memory of my mother. She would like to become a mother and lift children. She does not desire a showbiz career she just really wants to be my spouse.Inch

Elvis appeared very satisfied and content he had made this kind of important decision, along with a couple of years later he stored his promise and married Priscilla. He continued to be very keen on Ann-Margaret, as well as their friendship survived the relaxation of his existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment